Re: Favorite American Sports Cars

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Favorite American Sports Cars
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:09:50 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:56 PM

Brad Fornal wrote:

> I've been meaning to ask, is there ever any justification for owning
> an SUV,

My kid just bought a used jeep wagoneer. 1990. He needs a tow vehicle
for his boat and cars he drags home because he was tired of waiting for
me to get home with my truck so he could borrow it. But it really is a
SUV a stupid useless vehicle. He went for a sheet of plywood, it doesn't
fit. it has leather seats that the dog likes to chew on. and it's too
big for his tiny wife to drive. He had it 2 weeks and wants an old real
station wagon now. No frills interior and room in the back.
But he got it cheap and will sell it for a few hundred more than he
paid. But he can't believe all the people in the area with jeeps and the
new ones are even smaller than his tank which hold grocerys and not much
more. He did take it 4 wheeling and now it's a muddy mess. That was fun
but I bet 99% of these never see any off road other than their own driveway.
What I like is the 4 wheel drive 4 door trucks with a 4' bed and a
permanant hard tonneau cover. Now you have a 4 door with a closed trunk
sort of like a sedan.
My truck is 2 wheel drive with a 6 cyl. It works for me.
My buddy has a 4 wheel drive with a V8, Today he was talking about his
11 MPG, I get 18. I asked him how many times he used the 4 wheel drive?
He said once when he tried to pull out a stump. It's 7 years old and he
used 4 wheel once.
So how many people actually use their 4 wheel drives?
Yeah I know, it's for the snow. Well around here 70% of the cars are
SUVs or Hummers or fancy pickups, we get a few inches 2 or 3 times a
year but they plow the roads in a couple hours.
Anotherthing I love is watching soccer moms driving H1 or H2 hummers and
trying to park. WHY?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Finally... what greater words of wisdom.

Couldn't have said it better.

LD