Re: Favorite American Sports Cars

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Favorite American Sports Cars
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:34:56 -0800
People buy what they want.  I have a small pick (S-10) with a V6 which is
fine for my needs.  I can get everything I need from the lumber yard and it
will hold 1 yard  dirt or mulch.  Gas mileage is about 20 MPG.  I can tow
anything that I would pick up so it is a fine truck for me.  I use my truck
to haul anything that will fit and don't really worry about small scratches
and dings.  Right now the bed is getting used at least twice a week.  Things
happen to a truck, you can't sweat the small dings.

My current truck is 2WD and I never felt the need for 4WD my whole life.
Now that I moved to WA I find that I just might want 4WD or AWD for the few
times they get snow and ice.  It seems to snow on my mountain several times
a year.  There is no way my truck will get up the hills without chains.
Even with chains it is not a sure thing.  Will my next truck be 4WD?  Maybe,
or maybe my wife's next car will be some type of AWD Subaru or Acura.   One
car would be enough to get around until the snow melts.  I think I will get
better all weather tires or snow tires for the truck.  Once you head into
the mountains you will need traction tires.

If you think people can't park in NJ come to Seattle where the parking
spaces are smaller then in NJ.  I swear 15% of the population never gets
their car/truck between the lines.  I have been in parking decks in Bellevue
where you could not park in at least 5% of the spaces because the people in
the adjacent space had parked across the line.

Bottom line people will buy what they think they need, what they think is
safer or what they think is cool.   Nothing will change anyone's mind.