Re: L.E.D. taillight bulbs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: L.E.D. taillight bulbs
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:01:07 -0600
1156 single element and 1157 dual element equivalents.  There aren't any
real solid part numbers yet because there are so many different small
importers.  Get red leds for red lens applications.
Also, you must use an electronic flasher as the LED modules don't provide
enough resistance to run a regular flasher properly.  So, figure another
$5-10 into your conversion for the flasher.
I'm leaning toward the 1W and higher square or "Luxeon" LED types.  The
little arrays seem to work but I think the newer types are better.
If a few others are interested in LEDs maybe we can do a group buy, although
I don't remember too much group buy activity on this list.