Re: Possible to remove hood/bonnet by oneself?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Possible to remove hood/bonnet by oneself?
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:42:05 -0600
> More like "if" Leib had a sense of HUMOR, Brad.  Sandles froze it away a
> LONG
> time ago<G>!!

Naw. More like IF Lieb's sense of humor was still as pathetic as Butt'Ed's,
he might still think it was funny to watch people deliberately misunderstand
a legitimate request for help and advice for the thousandth time. Humor at
the expense of others isn't really all that wonderful and certainly not
something to encourage here. Rodney Dangerfield and his ilk had their day,
but it is pretty much over. Fortunately, there are other people on this List
who can actually be helpful.

I foolishly assumed that he was referring to a Bugeye bonnet (since it never
crossed my mind that someone would think two people necessary on the cute
little bonnets for the squarebody Spridgets). Since I have no knowledge
whatsoever of the process of attaching one of those, I left it for those
with such experience to handle. Now that I had the time to follow the posted
link and see that it was a squarebody, I would have to say that Larry Macy's
description covered it pretty well, except that I haven't found it to be so
difficult to re-install as some seem to indicate. Depending on the nature of
the work to be performed on the bonnet while it is out, a few spritzes of
spray paint around the washers of the four bolts can make it a lot easier to
get the alignment fairly close.
Sandals Lieb