RE: Bugeye with trunk

To: "'Linda Grunthaner'" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Bugeye with trunk
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:54:40 -0800
Lin, The simple facts are that if the car is factory it is up to the owner
to prove it.  He hasn't done that. His claim isn't backed up with any facts.
There were kits made to do this conversion after market, and that is a well
know fact.  It could be true, but if you bought the car then you would be
the owner and have to prove it.
                Crash

WM,
I'm reading the book "The Healey Story" by Geoffrey Healey; actually as we
all know he died before it was published and his daughters put it together
from his notes. Do you know of any good books on the Sprite? Also any way to
know via the vin of this car that it is original and not a kit? Did you read
what the owner said to me about it's authenticity? "Bill Meade of the 100M
LeMans club has been to my shop & photographed this car & he can tell you
that its NOT A KIT. weve had people from around the world call & verifie
that they made a hand ful of these cars & most of them went to sweden or
switzerland. this is a very rare car" Could this all be true?
Lin