Re: Bugeye with trunk

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye with trunk
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:38:02 -0600
FACT: It was designed from the start, as a budget car, that is why the
headlight pods remained fixed. Their budget would not handle the
additional cost to make the pods raise and lower.
Since that is a known cut, due to their budget, I find it difficult to
believe that they would make tooling to make just a few one offs with
a boot lid.
Someone had a photo of the "salamander" style headlights on an early
Sprite. Does anyone recall where that was? Perhaps Larry Miller?
Frank, THAT would make an interesting addition to the 58. A spare
bonnet, with Porsche 928 headlamps blended into it. Then, you could
sell it as a RARE ORIGINAL PROTOTYPE SALAMANDER SPRITE. Don't let this
one get away!!!! Bid NOW!! Bid OFTEN!!!