Re: How bout a T-5 Tranny?

To: wmgilroy@gmail.com
Subject: Re: How bout a T-5 Tranny?
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:00:38 EST
To fit a T5 there will be as much cutting as for a T9 + all the cutting out
at the top of the propshaft tunnel because the gear change mechanism is on top
of the box.  Ok, the shift may come out at the right point to save a little
cutting but it's possible to cut and shut the T9 shifter housing if that's an
issue or you want to continue to catch your knuckles on the dash/radio speaker
housing/suplementary instruments.

Best way to get a T9 in the USA is to bring one back from the UK.  Sure it's
heavy but if we stripped it and put some pieces in each of your suitcases it's
do-able!  Ron S - how big is your suitcase??

I suppose you can get racing gear sets for the T5?

Also, the vendor doesn't say why he is selling this great conversion?

Daniel  (2 x T9s, a spit OD, & 1500 Midget gearboxes in my garage + parts)