RE: You like airplanes, eh?

To: "'Spridget List \(spridget list\)'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: You like airplanes, eh?
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:27:28 -0800
If you're in the "Orlampa" area (Polk City to be exact) check out Kermit
Weeks Fantasy of Flight (www.fantasyofflight.com) . He has a fairly
extensive collection both inside and out. They sometimes also do warehouse
tours of the parts, engines and airframes awaiting restoration. A long row
stacked to ceiling of new, used and OH'd Merlin (and lesser Allisons)
engines was a sight to behold, for me at least my wife couldn't care less.
When we were there in 2001 Kermit led most of the tour before rolling a
Bucker-Jungmeister off the museum floor and taking it up for a lap. A most
enjoyable day for me.

Even though I'm partial to R-2800's and R-4360's (just love the deep
rumble!) I agree that the sound of a Merlin is sweet music. Especially as
they pass the home pylon at Reno!

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com