Re: Sprite boot emblem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite boot emblem
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:45:02 EST

Frank wrote:

<<<Interesting question.
Gold is what alot of people say is original, yet there are original
owners who bought them new and swear they always had chrome arrows.
Mine have chrome, I like chrome. I think the choice is up to the owner.>>>

Might be like the badges on 1975 Midgets and Bs (in typical BL fashion,
celebrating 50 years of MGs since 1923?) - the gold color on those seems to be
tint applied over the chrome which usually has faded leaving it looking like
normal chrome. I have several '75 badges that the only way you can tell they
are
the gold ones is to see the underside after they have been pulled off the car.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
79 Midget, 65 Midget, 58 MGA, 74 BGT