RE: Sprite boot emblem

To: "'MICHAEL CARPENTER'" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>
Subject: RE: Sprite boot emblem
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:45:15 -0800
Yours is chrome NOS in the box, mine is gold paint on the car.  Which one do
you think cost more to make?  If the factory could save a penny on a part
they did.  Like in "oh you want a front bumper and a heater (home market)?
That cost extra!"  I do seem to recall that in the 60's you could only buy
the chrome replacement arrows from the dealer.  I bought three or four
before I got wise and painted one gold, that cut down on the rate they "fell
off the car" kind of like the VW Wolfsburg badge.
                Crash

The "Absolute" approach does not always work!  There are often anomolies in
life that can't be explained by "Well I bought mine new and it had it so
therefore all Sprites had the same one as mine and that is all there is"  It

is a BMC one in it's rightful BMC box.  When it was manufactured I do not
know but it was manufactured.  Until someone can prove to me that it isn't,
I have to believe that it is NOS.