Re: Sprite boot emblem

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite boot emblem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:19:08 -0500
Peter C. wrote:

> Only the models with boot lids had the chrome arrow.
>
> And THAT's a fact.

WRONG!
Bootlids had no arrow, they all had just the SPRITE word with a line
thru it.
And if Armand Jones was still alive, an original owner of a 60 Bugeye
with a chrome arrow He would be my proof.
But he's dead and I didn't have the $$ when his wife gave me 1st dibs on
his Sprite.
This guy was the original "we tight" master, he never changed the
distributor cap just the center carbon when it wore down. Points were
always good until there was no more contact to sand flat.
Spark plugs were blasted until the tip was missing. He used the Sprite
every day, cherry red and dead nuts original until he died in about 1980.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ