Re: SU Carb problem

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:36:49 -0600
> We covered that.  He tried a regulator set at 1 psi.

Ah, but we did NOT cover what kind of a pump he is using, nor what KIND of
regulator it is. Some regulators do a lousy job of covering scenarios where
the input pressure varies significantly. Most of them are designed for cases
where a 5psi input needs to be a 2psi output, etc. Likewise, we have not yet
ascertained what is being used to categorically state that the output really
IS at 1psi across the rpm range. At this point, without that information, we
cannot say that it has been covered unless you are fond of the shotgun
approach to troubleshooting. Or of just Clarici-ing perfectly good SU
carburetors and spending money on Weber carbs just because you did not
exercise due dilligence. This is exactly the way that all the lovely myths
about what does and does not work get started.
David Lieb