Re: Electronic ignition question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition question
From: <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 7:19:02 -0700
I totally agree with Mike about  the Twink vs 1275 A series. I had three
Spridgets before the Lotus with the Twink.  You can get more power from the
Twink due to the larget capacity, but that's all, and the rebuilding cost of a
Twink is much higher than for a A series. The Twink is no lightweight either.
As for the sound, my Bugeye with its race 948 cc engine sounded AWSOME!

I will retire in 14 months and move to Colorado... As soon as this is done,
I'lll have two cars on my shopping list:  A street Bugeye, hopefully with a
1275, and a Lotus Seven Amreica (series ll) with the Bugeye running gear. The
Lotus 7 with A series running gear is the most reasonably priced of the earlier
cars, and that engine is powerful enough for a car that weighs even less than a
Bugeye.

JLC