Exhaust Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Question
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:59:05 -0400
I've been having a problem with exhaust fumes in my Midget. I think the
problem is fumes coming from the back where the tailpipe ends. When I
drive the car with the top and windows up  I don't have a problem but
put the top down and my skin and clothes smell like exhaust even after a
short ride.

Right now the tailpipe sticks out about four inches past the back
bumper. It has one of those Monza exhausts and that is where it sits
when hooked up to the muffler mount on the car. Should the tailpipe be
ending closer to the bumper or under the car? Has anyone else had this
problem? It really makes it unpleasant to drive this way. I remember I
had this problem before I parked the car for 5 years and it was one of
the problems that contributed to having it taken out of action for those
years.

btw - it's great to have the list back up and running again.

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Bahama, NC
1969 MG Midget