RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: "'Linda Grunthaner'" <grunthaner@gmail.com>, "'William McLeod'"
Subject: RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:58:29 -0500
Linda,
One of the first things to do on any old car, be it VW or Midget is to
replace ALL flexible fluid lines, be they brake hoses or fuel lines.
The fires you hear about, involving VW "buses" are almost exclusively
due to ancient fuel injection hoses failing and spraying gasoline all
over the engine compartment.  It's really a stupid thing to allow to
happen and should NEVER be blamed on the VW.  Unfortunately, just like
with our beloved Spridgets, old VWs also tend to fall into the hands of
complete morons at least once in their "lives".  It is up to us to
carefully go over any new acquisition and undo the stupid stuff these
morons have inflicted.
Like the Spridget, those old VWs are simple, reliable and far more
rugged, if properly cared for and maintained to factory specifications
and recommendations.
The only way they can become unsafe is if you drive or maintain them in
an unsafe manner.
Bud Osbourne