Re: A more important anniversary

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A more important anniversary
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:35:28 -0500
Glen and everyone...

Here are the details as we know them today.  All will be added to the
web site by Mike Rambour, our web guru, shortly...

Who:    You (of course!)
What:   Spridget Golden Anniversary
When:  June 26-29, 2008
Where:  Inn at Grand Glaize, Ozark Beach, MO  <www.innatgrandglaize.com>
             We have the entire hotel as a "Spridget Golden
Anniversary" headquarters!  You can call now for your reservation with
a room rate around $89.  Tell them you are with the Spridget group.
>From the sound of things the hotel will fill quickly. There are plenty
of other hotels nearby but LotO is VERY popular in the summer so book
your rooms ASAP! There will be a BE in the lobby!

Event schedule:   TBD but will include in addition to a "Spridgets
List Gathering", a mass drive w/ police escort (thanks to Jack
Laird!), Car Show & BBQ lunch in the beautiful Ozark State Park,
driving tours (Missouri Wineries - Ozarks - Branson - The best
Spridget roads in the USA but don't ride with Frank!), tech sessions,
funkhana, autocross, poker run, sight seeing, awards & prizes, a visit
with "Buster" or a short drive to see the world renown "Macy Ln",
...etc.

For the "We tight crowd" -
How much:  Pre-registration is projected to be around $75 before June
1, 2008, $90 thereafter.  You will be able to pre-register shortly via
the web site using PayPal. There will be a ton of goodies in your
registration packet including all the official 50th memorabilia
(shirts, plaques, key fobs, what have you). The awards banquet the
evening of the 29th will be separate from the registration fee and is
projected to run around $25.

What else?:
We hope to bring Daniel Stapleton (How to Power Tune Midget and Sprite
for Road and Track) from England and we have invited Jay Leno.  David
Leib and Larry Daniels are putting together a special calendar.  We
hope to webcast parts of the event. Pictures of you and your car will
be available for those who wish.

Okay...  Frank, Jack and other committee workers...   What did I forget??

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City