Re: Recaps

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Recaps
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:06:55 -0500
I worked at a couple of Texaco full service stations when I was in
high school.  The first day my name was "Ding Ding" because I had to
jump when a car ran over the bell hoses.  After a few weeks they
learned that I could fix cars.  Then, the college frat boy was back to
being "Ding Ding" and I was doing all the work for the "ASE Certified"
guys.
One night I was working alone and a guy came in and said he was
desperate.  He needed $5 worth of gas and had no money.  He asked if I
could look at some stuff he had and trade him something for $5 worth
of gas. OK, I say and we go look in his truck.  He opens a tool box
and shows me a .22 Beretta pistol with a holster.  How about this?
OK.  I had the pistol for about a day when a friend had to borrow it
to go shooting.  I haven't seen it since.  It was a good job and we
never cheated anyone.  I quit to be a slacker muscian wannabe.
At one time a clever manager put "Let Us Tire, Shock, and Brake You"
on the sign out front.  The owner didn't like it but he let it stay
up.  Good times.