Re: Enfields

To: "Michael Conn" <mconn2@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Enfields
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:10:21 -0500
I have a Jungle Carbine that is very effective for deer hunting. STFU Ed!! I
get a free weekend of hunting on a HUGE lease down in Junction Texas. All
the beer and tequila I can drink, and all meals for free. Someone dresses
out the deer, all I have to do is plug it with a bullet. I take the meat
back to work, and the most helpful of my employees in my absence get the
benefit of my aggressive nature.
I have been searching half heartedly for an original bowie blade bayonet and
another flash hider with the bayonet lug still intact. If anyone has any
leads on affordable parts, I would appreciate it.
My weapon was allegedly taken off a Viet Cong in the early 60's when we were
just a peace keeping force over there. It was taken apart and sent back to
the US in parts. It was reassembled and sat on a shelf until I purchased it
in 1986. It has nice, crisp looking riflings, and is terribly accurate,
despite rumors of a wandering zero. The only issue I have is that the stock
had been refinished, and the bayonet lug filed off the flash suppressor.
The .303 British round has the same knockdown power as a .44 magnum, in a 30
caliber round.
The carbine isn't so heavy as to be uncomfortable to carry, and even though
I have several 5 round clips for my AK47, so that I can legally use it for
deer hunting, I would much rather use the bolt action carbine.
OH, and mine DOES NOT leak oil!!!