RE: Air/fuel ratio monitors

To: "'Deikis, John G'" <John.Deikis@va.gov>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air/fuel ratio monitors
From: "Duncan Sinclair" <duncan@pondhop.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:26:23 -0500
<< I'm thinking about monitoring my A/F ratio>>

It really depends, if you just want to know rich or lean (which is fine for
most ECU's to change to injector pulse width) then a narrow band would be
fine. However if you want to know exact A/F ratios then..

There is a tuner group out there into building their own WBO2 sensor
circuits.
http://www.aces.edu/~gparmer/efi/temp/wb/guide.html#parts
The price they quote for this is around $200 but that was in 2003 when Wb02
sensors were still around $170.
Now you can get a VW sensor for about $40 as used on the 1.8L Jetta or
Beetle which is WB. So I figure for around $80 you could have a full WB02
monitor if you are into building an electronic circuit.
I am thinking about doing this one myself.

Duncan