RE: Air/fuel ratio monitors

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Air/fuel ratio monitors
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:30:14 -0400
Dave:
I have been running a dual EGT for a couple of years.  The problem is
I'm getting very high EGT readings despite various tuning atempts,
needle changes, etc.  I'm wondering if the readings might not be some
sort of artifact and am curious aboput w3hat an A/F monitor would tell
me about my mixture at different loads and RPM.  I have holed pistons in
the past on my vintage race car-- which is why I put in the EGT gauges--
and so these temps have worried me, although the plugs look good and the
cars runs well.
-John