Brakes acting funny...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midget Sprite Group"
Subject: Brakes acting funny...
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:05:10 -0500
Question for the assembled Wizards of Spridgetry...

Recently, the brakes on my 1968 Midget began acting funny. It got
really firm one day when I was out driving and made an audible "click"
at the bottom of the stroke that you can actually feel through the
pedal. When I got it home (maybe 3 miles) I discovered that the fluid
in the master cylinder was really low. I topped it up and pumped the
pedal really good but there was no subsequent change in fluid level.
There are still brakes, but not as good as they should be and the
click continues.

So....   What's happening here?  Do I need to bleed the brakes or what?

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2 BMW