Re: Ammeter or voltmeter?

To: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ammeter or voltmeter?
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 20:43:33 -0700
Mark,

For "At Rest" - defined as zero electron flow in the battery -  you are
correct.
http://www.wind-sun.com/PDF_Files/battvoltandsoc.pdf
gives a first class in-depth dissertation on Lead Acid batteries
I have read it several times... Especially as I run my Emergency Ham
transceivers, which are sensitive to input voltage,  off of 12V
batteries.

But I still think that the Charge-Discharge graphs tend to support the
basic content  of my email that one can see batteries going down to
less than 10V.

There are quite a number of "Battery Boosters" on the market that
compensate for the wide variance in voltage that one can get from car
batteries.

Personally, when I can afford it, I'm going to get an Optima battery...
It'll be the last battery I'll have to buy

Dave G.