Losing my mind or cursed car

To: rusd@sitestar.net, jsoderling@astound.net
Subject: Losing my mind or cursed car
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:10:51 -0400
I really need to vent for a moment here, I hope you all don't mind. I
bought this '70 Midget about a month ago and I swear I haven't been able
to put together two good days in a row with this car.

What the heck would cause the fan to go into the radiator and destroy
the fan and radiator when going over a bump? This is the SECOND time
that this has happened. The first time I thought that maybe I was to
fault. Maybe I didn't tighten everything down when I put the radiator
in. Last night I put a brand new $200 radiator in and I made sure that
everything was tightened on the radiator and the shroud. I waited until
today to double check it before starting up the car. I took one test
drive with my son of maybe 10 miles. Everything seemed fine. Cross that
one off the to-do list.

Tonight I go out to pick up mother's day dinner in the Midget and I hit
a bump that I wouldn't normally notice and suddenly there is a horrible
sound coming out of the engine compartment and that smell of radiator
fluid. I was able to limp home by having my wife and kids come and meet
me with 2 gallons of water and antifreeze. I drive until things started
to heat up, pull over and refill and start off again. The $200 radiator
lasted less than 24 hours. Now I need another radiator and another fan.
I'm starting to hate this car. This is my 3rd Spridget and I have never
had such a cursed car.

To top things off when we got home my wife told me that she hit my truck
on her way out of the driveway to come and help me. She did this on
Mother's day, what can you say to the mother of your kids on Mother's
day when she hits your truck on her way to help you?

I'm at a loss here. Other than torching the car or getting an exorcist
does anyone have any suggestions before the men in the white coats come
to take me away?

Thanks,

Robert