Re: Losing my mind or cursed car

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Losing my mind or cursed car
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:12:37 -0400
Thanks Jim,

I jacked up the engine this morning before leaving work and there was
nothing obviously damaged or faulty with the engine mounts. I'm going to
check the transmission mount to make sure it is at least screwed in
properly after work.

The damage is mostly to the top half of the radiator (semi-circle). I
took some photos and I'll post them as soon as I have a chance.

I did notice that this new radiator from VB was slightly thicker than
the original but I don't think that the engine should be moving enough
to hit it. There was one leaky radiator I had in there for a while that
the fan never hit. Same shroud for all of them. I'm wondering how much
flex is in an older plastic flexible fan and if that is contributing to
the problem.

Thanks again,

Robert