Re: Diagnostic needed LGC- not LBC

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: Diagnostic needed LGC- not LBC
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:27:32 -0500
>I've been staring at it and thinking about both lights AND ignition
going away simultaneously. That's an essential clue.
Battery negative ground seems to be first thing to check.  Then
following the positive cable to the starter solenoid terminal and on as
a brown wire to the generator terminal and then off to the front of the
car feeding the light switch.  It then goes to the fuse block and back
to provide current to the ignition switch.  Sooo... if BOTH lights AND
ignition go dead, the problem has to be before the power supply reaches
the light switch, I would think. The lighting system has multiple ground
points, so I think a bad ground farther upstream would be unlikely to
affect total lighting equally.
BUT, ground from the ignition switch runs to the fuse block and then to
the coil where I guess it reaches ground through the coil bracket?
Could be that route too.
Any opinions?
A Lister without an opinon? Unthinkable!!!

If it is a ground issue, it would have to be the ground cable at the
battery,
otherwise it should not affect both ignition and lights. I agree that if it
is
on the positive side, it should be in the stretch up to the lighting switch.
David Lieb