Re: Losing my mind or cursed car

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Losing my mind or cursed car
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 18:39:36 -0500
Thank you for the Texas tags offer, that would be awfully nice to have on
the car.
FWIW, I am NOT going down the concours road. It's just that most cars you
see are tricked out one way or another. I'm putting ours back to showroom
original, because it's what "I" want, not what anyone else thinks it
should/could be. I am not a member of any "official" club. I have quit going
to the local "car shows", except as a spectator, and I enjoy the car for
what it is. The reason I want our 68 car showroom original, is because that
is the difficult puzzle to assemble. I actually have working Lucas
Headlamps, and working Lucas Fuses. I don't have the fuses installed, but I
got 'em!! Anyone can buy a weber, header, finned aluminium valve cover, slap
it together and Bob's your uncle. I wanted to do something that is a
challenge, and this is it.
Concours is also a challenge. A challenge to see how long you can keep from
strangulating some asshole that so richly deserves it. We all know, though
some won't admit, that "concours" is a political game. It depends on who you
know, not what you did. I think it was Leo that told me of someone that got
"gold" cert on their car. This was done, AFTER they borrowed the tool kit,
and some other parts they didn't have, just to set them in a car, that after
it got the cert, was stripped of all borrowed parts, and wasn't worthy of
the "gold" cert anymore. All parts were borrowed during the judging, with
the officials watching, and telling them what else they needed.
Yeah, sounds like a real fair shake.
Anyway, that is why I am doing what I am doing, and yes, I would LOVE to buy
those tags from you, Jim. Thank you for the offer.

Brad

ps. the chrome side strips on our car, all the holes were on the car, under
the UGLY stick on moulding that had been applied by the DPO. I know that it
isn't supposed to have 'em, but go to any dealer, and tell them you will buy
their car, if they will do something to it that will make it a one off. See
how fast they tell you to kiss their ass. Or see how fast the car becomes a
one off.
I'm betting it becomes a one off........