Re: Well, it's not the water pump.../ Mission accomplished!

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Well, it's not the water pump.../ Mission accomplished!
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:37:51 -0400
Thanks Derf,

Since I had two cowls here I decided to do surgery on the less pretty
one with my sawzall and grinder to allow the cowl to move forward and
down. After the surgery I have now have 1 1/16" of clearance between the
radiator and fan with no more tilting back of the radiator toward the
top. I also replaced the motor mounts and brackets with ones from the
'69 that I knew were relatively new just for good measure.

Now I should be able to take the kid to the car show tomorrow in "our"
car. Hopefully it won't overheat with the old radiator in it.

I'll try to post a few pictures of the altered cowl setup after dinner.

Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions about this problem.

Robert