Seal kit - rear main

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Seal kit - rear main
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:54:57 EDT
Hi List,

A while ago I enquired about the rear main seal kit for the 1275 A Series and
received mixed feedback.  Since the block I am using for my new engine
doesn't have a half moon piece I was resigned to having to use the kit anyway.

Well yesterday I delivered all my parts to the engine builder and he advised
that the seal kit is very good for standard engines never using more than
5500-6000 rpm but has a very short life on engines that are going to turn a lot
more rpm and mine is.  However, he has a half moon piece and since the plan is
to line bore the block anyway I won't be using the seal kit.

Thought that list might be interested in that information.

Regards

Daniel