road trip

To: Sprite <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: road trip
From: The Mayers <gmeyer01@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:28:57 -0700 (PDT)
I put over 500 miles on my Bugeye this weekend without a problem as a test run
to see if it would be up to going to MO next summer.  The MO trip will be over
1200 miles each way from CT.  It has a tired 948cc motor with a smooth case and
4.22 rear end.  Is there anyone out there contemplating a trip of this distance
with the same type of equipment?  It ran along at 65 to 70mph no problem except
for some of the longer uphills where I dropped down into 3rd gear.  Does anyone
have an aftermarket cruise control installed?  My right foot got tired and hot.

  Gary in CT '61 BE