Overheating woes revisited

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overheating woes revisited
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:03:54 -0400
Well it seems like I have more troubles than just a loose fan belt.
I believe I have compression building up in the radiator.
Today the temp needle hit an all time high.
50 PSI on the oil gauge or straight up 12:00. I figure that was about 300*
My water is going away and I have no visible leak.
My radiator is gurgling at 170* and the rad cap shot off like a rocket
again at only 170*.
So I have blown a head gasket for sure or worse cracked some metal.
Number 2 cylinder also has a low speed miss that goes away as soon as
you hit the gas, it misses at idle so I think that's where my water is
going.
If I get ambitious, I'll pop the head off tonight and have it checked
out and take a good look at the gasket.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ