Re: Re: Overheating woes revisited

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Overheating woes revisited
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 02:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah Jim, maybe I should have done more.  He admitted this was the second
time he took the truck.  He just did not get caught the first time. Mike
MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Jim Johnson
> You're a Saint, Mike.  If I had done something like that when I was 16
I'd be talking in a high, squeaky voice today and a wouldn't have any
children. Dad passed 2 years ago and I'm still living in fear of his
rath! If I screw up, he'll get me from beyond the grave. I know it!!

> Cheers!!
> Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
>
> On 5/31/07, rrengineer@dslextreme.com <rrengineer@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> A couple of weeks ago my 16 year old son found my spare keys to my F150
while I was at work.  He wanted to impress someone of the female
persuasion and give her a ride home.  Instead of saying he only had a
learner's permit, he said "sure, I drive all the time!"  Less than a
mile
>> from the house the cops stopped him for straddling a lane.  I think he
actually thought he had a drunk driver and wanted to investigate.
After finding out he had no license, he was taken home and dropped off
with a ticket for straddling a lane and driving without a license (a
>> misdemeanor).  They could have got him for several more violations,
like driving with someone under 18 which is not legal here until you
are 18 and
>> no insurance.  He is excluded from my policy.  My truck was towed away.
Mind you this is on a Friday, so the tow company won't open till
Monday. I had to go the the police here in San Bernardino to ask for a
hearing about getting my truck back.  They wanted me to admit that I
did not give
>> him my permission to take the truck.  After that was established they gave
>> me permission to pick up my truck, but pay the $150 fee first!  By the
time I got to the tow company, they had it 4 days.  It cost me another
$300 to get back my own truck.  He has yet to go to court.  I did not
come
>> down on him to hard.  I understand how bad the urge to drive is at that
age.  I'll leave it to the judge to take care of that.