Re: [Spridgets] Record restoration

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Record restoration
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:51:26 +0000
You could probably keep the cost down by using Chinese cardboard instead of
Taco Bell wrappers?? :)

I guess there's more than a few reasons why you would hear about projects of
that length.  I would guess that time and money figure into most of them,
and 'motivation at the moment' in most.  That would be in mine.  The main
reason for my 7? years on hold Sprite, is that after ( almost ) completely
disassembling the Sprite, I found a handyman special house that we wanted
and that has occupied those free moments that I used to have a hobby for.
In exchange for different priorities, I bought a second LBC to drive.

Like you say, though, momentum is a great thing.  Once you set your mind to
something and take the first step, things do move.

One of the expressions that I like goes something like: "The best excuses
don't pay the bills.".

Back in the old days, I had a neighbour like you.  I could go home for a
weekend at my parents and drive back with body work done and a fresh
respray.  And, VERY reasonable also.

I bought a paint sprayer attachment for my compressor and oiled my cedar
deck.  Made me think I could take a shot at painting a car!  The oil is very
forgiving.

RD