Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Michael D Myers"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:49:47 -0400
A few years ago, after "the spacer" got a lot of air time on this list,
I decided to run the spacer again.  Don't even remember why, and don't
want to even re-visit the question.  I have been running the spacer AND
adjusting the "traditional roller bearing" way.  Other than feeling
loose, the bearings looked perfect when I took them out last week.  I
wonder what the failure mode is when the spacer is at fault?  Broken
spindle?  Bearing coming apart laterally?  I can't even SPELL engineer.