Re: [Spridgets] Back to the dead horse

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, '63AHBJ7' <63ahbj7@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Back to the dead horse
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:14:40 -0700 (PDT)
I had never used an oiler until i went to a Auction. I got some tools, lines ,
holders for tools, water separators and oilers. A manufacturing place was
selling off the contents and it all looked like new industrial grade. I was
told they had to build the new mfg line before moving the company to the new
site. That every thing was used the week before to keep the company running
during the relocation. They were selling every thing cheap. You could not buy 1
or 2 items. They had boxes of 20 items. I bought all the boxes i got for not
much more then 2 items would cost in the store. I am glad i got them as they
work well and the tools run smooth.

  Like you say - No Worries-

  I did find it hard to regulate the oil. I had never worked with the oiler. I
had to much oil going in the line. I had to clean out every thing and start
over several times.  I finally got it right because i found a oiler that had
been set by the place i bought the stuff. Once i got it figured out and dialed
in - I have never had to touch them except for the filter cleaning or change.

  Vigil

Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com> wrote:
  Ed,
While I agree that there are two valid sides to this argument, and I
haven't priced oilers, lately; I suspect that the cost of duplicating
the set-up I built is still very minimal. For me (and many others, I
suspect), it's well worth doing, for the peace of mind and lack of
effort (to lubricate air tools adequately) it takes.

For a hobbyist? Well, yes. In spite of my commercial/industrial marine
background, my workshop is purely for fun. I just like to do things the
best way I know how, within (economic) reason. I strongly suspect that
I'm not alone, here.

Am I nuts? Possibly (I come from a long line of eccentrics) a little
bit, but, you're getting a bit personal here, aren't you, Ed?

Bud Osbourne