Re: [Spridgets] Question on a 61 Bugeye

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question on a 61 Bugeye
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:32:18 -0500
It was common practice in those days to title a car that didn't change much
according to the model year in which it was sold, NOT necessarily the year
in which was built.  I've had 3 cars like that.

If there is an advantage to you in having a correct year on your title, you
can generally bring proof in the form of published data to your DMV.  I
recently did that here in Florida with my 1960 Alfa Romeo.  I used Fuzi
production numbers & they corrected the model year.  (Fuzi published the
authoritative book on Alfa production.)

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'60 Alfa