Re: [Spridgets] carb throttle shaft

To: <vern@srvinet.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] carb throttle shaft
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:48:41 -0600
> In cleaning up my carburetors I see that the rear has
> a little slop in the throttle shaft.  The suppliers show
> oversize shafts.  Can anyone tell me what size hole
> the bigger shaft takes and is it safe to use a twist drill
> or should I look for a reamer.  Probably need a set anyway, but
> need all my available cash for parts,  Priorities, priorities.

Vern,
Before deciding this, I STRONGLY recommend pulling that
shaft and measuring it at the point it goes through the carb
body. The shaft is deliberately softer than the carb body so
that it will wear instead of the carb. More often than not,
you can simply replace with a standard shaft and be good
to go. Yes, sometimes the body is worn as well, but check
before you assume.
David Lieb