Re: [Spridgets] Big online / live auction

To: "'Mike/Donna Carpenter'" <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>, "'David
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Big online / live auction
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:12:37 -0500
When original sheet metal keeps getting more and more difficult to
obtain, and reproductions are only so-so, it is amazing what some guys
will pay for REALLY rusty stuff.  Saw a pile of rust scale, at Import
Carlisle a few years ago, that bore a very strong resemblance to an
XK-120 front clip.  Someone snapped that thing right up, and paid over
$1000 for it!  I mean, the thing looked as much like a giant, rusty
spaghetti colander as it did a front end clip.
While I agree that the one with the supercharger looks like toast, a lot
of those parts will probably end up being salvageable & restorable.
Guys native to, and living in California, the Pacific NW, and the desert
SW will have a hard time understanding that we in the salt belt view
restoration candidates vs. parts cars in a completely different way than
you guys do.  My old favorite saying that "desperate men do desperate
things" really applies, here.
Bud Osbourne