Re: [Spridgets] News Letter Software

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News Letter Software
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:25:37 -0400
There is an easy way and a hard way ;-)

First, you can use M$ Word or OpenOffice to create the document. Then
save as a PDF and upload to the site using any of many FTP programs
(Here at Penn we use and recommend FileZilla for Windows and Fetch for
Mac) THen just post the link to the PDF.

Or you can go the full blown HTML editor. I use DreamWeaver, but that
is prolly overkill for what you want to do. There are a number of web
design packages out there for Windows and Mac. They all include the
FTP software (like Frontpage).

Here at the Philly MG Club we use the PDF method as it makes it easier
for a number of us to input, the the final PDF gets sent to me and I
upload it. You can also password protect the PDF by using a simple
htaccess set up and just give the password to the paid members.

Larry

On Sep 29, 2008, at 8:28 PM, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

> OK, I know someone on this list will tell me what to do, not were to
> go but
> what to do.
>
> Sandi and I have been doing our club news letter off and on for the
> past 10
> years. We have transitioned from postal delivery to web based
> letters. We
> use FrontPage because we both used it when we worked for a living
> and are
> familiar with it's basic's.
>
> We would like to pass the news letter to someone else who may not be
> fully
> versed in building a web page. Not a web site, just a web page.
>
> We are looking for PC software that just about anybody can use to
> construct
> a news letter and post it on the web.
>
> An example of our simple news letter can be viewed at:
> http://ado13.com/pbscc/august_gasline.htm
>
> Larry & Sandi

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

One of these days, you'll look back on all this, and plow into a
parked car.