Re: [Spridgets] News Letter Software

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News Letter Software
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:58:50 -0700
Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

>OK, I know someone on this list will tell me what to do, not were to go but
>what to do.
>
>Sandi and I have been doing our club news letter off and on for the past 10
>years. We have transitioned from postal delivery to web based letters. We
>use FrontPage because we both used it when we worked for a living and are
>familiar with it's basic's.
>
>We would like to pass the news letter to someone else who may not be fully
>versed in building a web page. Not a web site, just a web page.
>
>We are looking for PC software that just about anybody can use to construct
>a news letter and post it on the web.

NVu  is very usable, but it's a dead project as far as development goes.
Our SCUBA diving club has switched over to Komposer. Komposer is NVu's
progeny, and it more stable w/ fewer bugs. It still doesn't handle
frames, but that's not a problem for your format.

http://www.kompozer.net/ for info and downloads.

One suggestion: Build a fresh newsletter template using Komposer.
FrontPage generates really bloated HTML, and the files are much larger
than they need to be.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose