Re: [Spridgets] well executed cars

To: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] well executed cars
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 07:38:38 -0800 (PST)
--- On Sun, 11/23/08, Leo <60bugeye@cebridge.net> wrote: "Ya just got to
appreciate well execute cars!!!!"

Wow - Thanks Leo.  That certainly looks to be one of the best prepped B's I've
ever seen or heard of.  A couple of points make me go "Hmmmm..." though.
First - has anybody seen that method of mounting the shoulder harness before?
Doesn't look to be all that strong.  I guess this could have been designed
into the additional framework described in the text so maybe it's actually
bolted to structural steel there.  Second, the shot of the trunk area lets
down what seems to be flawless presentation elsewhere.  The photo almost looks
like there is rust starting in the corners of the floor of the trunk.  I can't
imagine doing that level of restoration and allowing something so basic to
slip by, so I'm assuming it is dirt or the remnant of carpet glue in the
corners.  Still - kind of lazy to not clean it up.

I know I'm being extremely picky here - but this car screams "hold me to a
higher standard than your car".  I wish I had 30 grand or so of disposable
income to put into a toy.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  (then install a roll
bar and alter that beautiful tonneau to handle it)

David Booker
'71 Midget (with a miniscule portion of $30k invested)
Long Island