Re: [Spridgets] To vent or not to vent

To: "Trevor Jessie" <trevor.jessie@gmail.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] To vent or not to vent
From: "72 Spridget" <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:01:25 -0500
>I ran my timing chain cover vent to the "Y", with an unvented cap on
> the rocker cover, and the vent line on the rocker cover to the air
> cleaner box.  My mixture always seemed fine.  The car ran fine and the
> plugs always looked good.  The orifice in the rocker cover vent was
> less than 1/8" diameter (IIRC).

See, YOU had the orifice in place and used it to limit the amount of air
available to the Y-pipe. Jim was proposing to avail himself of an unfiltered
hole in his oil cap roughly 1/4" in diameter. BIG difference. Also, if youy
look inside that pipe, you will find that, although the hole at the end is
about 1/8", the effective orificae is significantly smaller than that.
David Lieb