Re: [Spridgets] WOW

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] WOW
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:38:13 -0500
> This is an  old story.  The classic textbook example is when some big NY
> department store decided to sell cosmetics for a realistic price, which was
> 10 cents or something like that at the time.  It did not sell because people
> don't really buy cosmetics, per se; they buy self-image and hope.

OTOH, when Circuit City closed its stores, they brought in an outside
company to sell off the remaining merchandise. Everything got marked
up to MSRP+ before they discounted it. In the later throes of the
feeding frenzy, I found that I could buy some of the same stuff
elsewhere for less money (not on sale, either) WITH a warranty and the
option to return it. Stupid sells. The one who names their price first
loses.
David Lieb