Re: [Spridgets] Mazda rotary

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mazda rotary
From: "Rick" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:26:33 -0500
I worked for Mazda North America in the early 80's.  They did indeed have a
problem with the rotor seals on the early engines.  Mazda had a crew of guys
at the North American headquarters that did nothing but rebuild engines with
blown seals.  These engines were then shipped to their dealers for free
replacement of engines that failed with less than 50,000 miles.  Over 50,000
miles and the customer had to pay.

I worked there for less than a year as they ran the business in the Japanese
fashion and it really really sucked.  Having round eyes I was on the bottom
of every list and treated like a leper.  The only reason they tolerated any
of us "round eyes" was because we could speak and write English.

Rick