Re: [Spridgets] Mazda rotary

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mazda rotary
From: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 09:53:12 -0800
...bill in Oregon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_rotary

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Rick
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:27 AM
To: spridgets@autox.team.net

I worked for Mazda North America in the early 80's.  They did indeed have a
problem with the rotor seals on the early engines.  Mazda had a crew of guys

at the North American headquarters that did nothing but rebuild engines with

blown seals.  These engines were then shipped to their dealers for free
replacement of engines that failed with less than 50,000 miles.  Over 50,000

miles and the customer had to pay.

I worked there for less than a year as they ran the business in the Japanese

fashion and it really really sucked.  Having round eyes I was on the bottom
of every list and treated like a leper.  The only reason they tolerated any
of us "round eyes" was because we could speak and write English.

Rick