Re: [Spridgets] Fractional Vernier Caliper

To: "David Lieb" <72spridget@gmail.com>, "Hal Faulkner"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fractional Vernier Caliper
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:05:11 -0000
I always remove the battery when putting mine away as the same flat battery
thing happens even when switched off.  I use a Leica Total Station that does
the same thing and slide a sheet of thin plastic between the battery and
terminals to help it keep the charge.

I also use a Casio fx-100 calculator at least 25 years old (sat on the
computer in front of me) and if you know how to drive that it will convert
decimals to fractions but I wouldn't like to enter a calculation using them
anymore.  Calculator driving skills have been lost, software does it all for
me nowadays.

Guy  R Day