Re: [Spridgets] battery drain--update

To: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] battery drain--update
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:35:06 -0500
Andy Webster wrote:

> Engine is still running like a pig, so the search continues....
>

> My spark seems healthy enough... and the single SU (hif-44) seems to be fine..

On the carb, make sure the vent hole on the  air filter face of the carb
is not blocked.
I had an HIF44 on the A40 which ran fine until I put the air cleaner
back on then it just idled fine but spit and popped and had no power.
It took a few on and offs of the air cleaner while messing with the carb
to finally figure out what was going on.
The K&N filter did not have the hole for the vent drilled in it. I made
a hole and all was fine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ