Re: [Spridgets] No LBC-anti-lock brakes

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC-anti-lock brakes
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:50:50 -0600
Daniel,

All made in Germany BMW motorcycles with anit-lock brake systems have the
letters ABS emblazoned on them.  When I buy German made brake parts for them
from my Swiss supplier who is British, we call them ABS.  My 1989 K100LT ABS
has "ABS" printed on the modulators. It was made in Germany. Things may have
changed before 1984 - I don't know about that, but from that time on the
Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) has known it as "ABS".

Cheers!!
Jim
1968 Midget
1989 K100LT
1976 R90/6
1964 R60/2

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM, <weslakemonza1330@aol.com> wrote:

> ABS can't mean ALBS - it's just a convenience for non German speakers to
> Anti and Lock together.  I mean the Germans invented ABS so they must be
> right?  Over here everyone thinks ABS means anti-lock brakes and don't get
>  as
> far as working out the mismatch.
>
> I suppose you'll be telling me that BMW stands for BMW Motor Works  next???

> 72spridget@gmail.com writes:
>
> And  perhaps in England ABS stands for something in German (figures),
> but in the  US it has always stood for Anti-lock Brake System.
> Did someone say  something about tools...
> David L

> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> You are subscribed as bmwwxman@gmail.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Cheers!!
Jim
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a
shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
       John Adams
       US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)