Re: [Spridgets] No LBC-anti-lock brakes

To: <weslakemonza1330@aol.com>, <jfishbein@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC-anti-lock brakes
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:57:23 -0000
Ferguson used the Dunlop Maxaret system.
I used to own one of the Ford Zephyr MkIVs they modified.   They originally
did 28 for the Home Office for trials which resulted in Police Forces having
to buy a certain percentage of 4 WD vehicles.  The resultant motor was
interesting and they did another 8 after the first batch.  I sold mine for a
pittance to the then Treasurer of the Ford Zephyr Owners Club in the
Midlands.  Ferguson used Zodiacs but they were badged as a Zephyr.  This
vehicle model was the first 'computer designed car' for Ford (over here) and
Ford sent a service leaflet to their garages listing a total of 128
modifications around 6 months after being on the road.  They were a real pig
to drive quickly but the Ferguson modifications made it into a wholly
different car.
I've still got the service manual / booklet listing the Ferguson
modifications that were done to the vehicle and they even moved the engine
and transmission sideways 1.5inches to obtain a better balance.  The
Ferguson 4WD system was the fore runner of most modern day non mechanical
4WD systems, using a silicon fluid between rotors.  All of Audis early 4WD
was based on Ferguson work.

Guy R Day