Re: [Spridgets] Ethanol

To: caws52803@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ethanol
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:59:04 -0500
caws52803@aol.com wrote:
> While watching the news today, there was a report that they are upping the
> percentage of Ethanol in gasoline.  It is about 10% now and it will raise to
> 15%.  He said that this was harmful to cars built before 2001.  Anyone have
> any info on this?

Rudy

10% melts fuel lines. New fuel lines will melt and clog your carbs in
about 10 miles.
Ask me how I know. But if you get decent fuel lines that withstand the
Ethanol, you will not have any problems.
German made fuel line works fine. Pep boys stuff melts.
Other than that, we have no rubber carb parts to worry about in SUs.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ