Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing
From: mike rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:46:01 -0800
 Ok, as long as we have gone way off topic to MINI's, this mileage on
new toys post brings up a question. What is the list wisdom on breaking
in new motors ?

 Picked up my new toy this weekend with 2 miles on the odo but I was a
100 miles from home, so no choice but to hit the freeway.  I drove it on
L.A. city streets until it got hot and then onto the freeway, first 20
or so miles were typical stop-n-go and then the last 80 were at 70 MPH,
I varied my speed as much as safely possible but 2 wheels on the L.A.
freeways is already dangerous enough that I paid more attention to the
traffic then  my RPM.

 Next day I followed exactly what the owners manual said to do and I
quote "Try to do most of your riding during the initial period on
twisty, fairly hilly roads", oh darn, I have to drive in the canyons and
go canyon carving ?

 So what is the list wisdom on breaking in ?  I have read it all, from
drive it like a baby to drive it like you stole it from the very
beginning.

 Mike
P.S. this could be spridget related, we might rebuild those motors too.